For superior, long-lasting tooth replacement
We can provide high-quality dental implants to enhance your smile and help your mouth function normally again.
Dental implants are very small titanium posts that are placed in the jaw bone to provide strong support for replacement teeth.
Why you may need treatment
You may have lost teeth through decay, gum disease or trauma, and you are looking to restore your smile.
The benefits of treatment
- An enhanced, natural-looking smile
- Helps to reduce bone loss
- Improves eating and speaking ability
- Neighbouring teeth remain unaffected
How we treat you
We examine your teeth and gums, and treat any problems before placing your implants. We then check the density of your bone with x-rays and scans and work out where to put your implants. If we find out you don’t have enough bone volume, you may still be able to benefit from implants by having a sinus lift or bone graft carried out by our specialist Peridontist, Dr Richard Horwitz.
When you are ready for your implant, we insert it under a local anaesthetic and leave to settle for a few months so it fuses with the bone.
When fully bonded, we uncover the implant and fit a temporary crown. After a few more weeks, when the gum has healed, we fit your permanent replacement teeth.
What else you need to know
As long as your jaw bone is fully grown and you have sufficient bone density, you will probably be suitable for dental implants. However, there are some lifestyle choices and health conditions that can lead implant failure including:
- Smoking – which slows the healing process
- Drinking alcohol excessively
- Gum disease – but we can treat this prior to implant placement
- A compromised immune system
- Teeth grinding (bruxism) – however, we can provide a protective mouth guard to keep teeth safe
If you see us for regular check-ups and take care of your implants, they can last a lifetime. And don’t worry, we can give you plenty of implant cleaning tips and oral hygiene advice.